Monday, June 17, 2024

Silver Bay Days


Spend enough time at Silver Bay and you can watch all the season’s pass by.  For one year in the early 90’s the staff took pity on me and I was privileged to stay year round to help out, mostly at the front desk.  Having time to myself and watching the light change on the water was a tremendous gift, and every day was different.  My mother, who was also an EMP (a summer employee) for two years in the 60’s used to talk about the days when the mornings were clear and cool and the sky was a perfect blue.  She called them “Silver Bay Days.”  They were the ones that woke full of promise and sunlight, and they’re the ones that everyone remembers when they head home at the end of the summer.

This is the landscape pattern I’ll be teaching this summer, although workshop participants are welcome to design their own.  












No comments:

Post a Comment